Dimensions: 90 x 60 cm
Technique: Oil paint
This is the ms. Dempo at her departure from Rotterdam (The Netherlands) on her way to the Dutch East Indies.
The Dempo was build almost a year after her sister ship Baloeran and left the shipyard of De Schelde, Vlissingen in February 1931. During World War II, in March 1941, the ship was converted into a troop transport ship in Liverpool and served as part of the SNF 17 convoy. During that journey, from Napels to North-Africa, she was torpedoed by the German submarine U 371.